These are a lovely truffle – full of flavour. You can get the freeze dried strawberries from Waitrose; they really do add a punch of flavour and look great sprinkled on top.
Free From: Dairy, Soya, Nuts, Gluten
Vegan Strawberry and Cream Truffles
- March 22, 2019
- Print this
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 5 tablespoons Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp Strawberry Extract (I got mine from Sainsbury's)
- 2 tbsp Freeze Dried Strawberries (I got mine from Waitrose)
- 2 tbsp good quality Strawberry Jam
- For the Coating
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- A handful of Freeze Dried Strawberries to decorate
- Step 1
- Grab a pot, and fill about 1/4 full with water. Pop on a medium heat and put a metal bowl on top. Into the bowl add the chocolate (broken into small pieces), the cream, the Strawberry Essence, and the Strawberry Jam. Melt slowly stirring once in a while. Set aside to cool and stir in the Freeze Dried Strawberries. You can now pop it in the refrigerator for a bit if you like.
- Step 2
- Once the mixture has solidified a bit you can make your truffles. Take a teaspoon size chunk of the mixture and roll into a ball quickly with your hands – you can use plastic gloves if you prefer. You can get the thin, clear ones from Boots.
- Step 3
- Put the rolled truffles to one side on a plate and keep going until you have used all the mixture.
- Step 4
- Now put the pot back on the stove, make sure you’ve still got a decent amount of water in the pot, and pop the bowl on top again. Melt the 100g of Dark Chocolate in the bowl-let it cool a bit before dipping your truffles.
- Step 5
- Once melted it’s time to dip. Put a truffle on your fork and lower it into the chocolate and use a spoon to pour chocolate over the truffle. Tap the fork to get rid of extra chocolate. This helps keep the shape. Have a tray lined with greaseproof paper ready and using a toothpick push the truffle off the fork (only push at the bottom on the truffle so you don’t disturb the chocolate). Once the truffle is on the paper decorate with some Freeze Dried Strawberries before the chocolate hardens.
- Step 6
- Repeat until finished. Eat within 3 or 4 days.