Lovely coconut cookies that are easy to make and delicious to eat. I use Organ egg replacer but I’m sure any will do!
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Soya
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes per tray
Vegan Coconut Cookies
- March 20, 2019
- Print this
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2/3rd cup Pure Sunflower Margarine (or any dairy free)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or just two more tablespoons of the dairy free margarine if you don't have this)
- 2/3rd cup caster sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 3 tsp egg replacer, 6 tablespoons of water
- Step 1
- In a decent sized mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients – so that’s the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and coconut
- Step 2
- In a mixer cream together the margarine, coconut oil, caster and brown sugar
- Step 3
- When creamed add in the vanilla and the coconut essence and give it a good mix
- Step 4
- If you don’t have coconut oil just add in two more tablespoons of the dairy free margarine.
- Step 5
- Put the egg replacer in a bowl and whisk in the water until you get a frothy mixture.
- Step 6
- Add this to the flour mixture and stir. Then mix in the creamed fats and sugars. You’ll have a thick dough
- Step 7
- Take about a tablespoon of the cookie dough, roll it into a ball and flatten slightly
- Step 8
- Place on the baking sheet but do keep a bit of space between the balls of dough for when they spread a bit
- Step 9
- Bake for about 12 minutes. They will look a bit puffy when they come out of the oven.
- Step 10
- When you take the cookies out of the oven whack the baking sheet on the counter – this will flatten the cookies a bit, add cracks to the top and make them a bit chewier.Cool on a wire rack.