We needed a new cookie in our house, and wanted marshmallows to fit into the mix. I love marshmallows, embarrassing to say. Toasted on a bonfire is best, naturally, but these cookies come a close second! Add in some chocolate and its bliss.
Free From: Dairy, Egg, Nuts
Contains: Gluten, Soya (marshmallows)
Preheat oven to 170°C, 340°F
Marshmallow and Chocolate Cookies
- March 21, 2019
- Print this
- 3 cups plain flour
- ¾ cup Pure Sunflower margarine (or any dairy free)
- 1/3 cup Trex Vegetable Fat
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup vegan mini marshmallows – you can get them here: http://www.alternativestores.com/vegan-vegetarian-shopping/vegan-chocolate-and-sweets/vegetarian-vegan-marshmallows/mini-pink-and-white-vanilla-mallows-freedom.html
- Or 1 cup mini marshmallows from major grocery outlets – most have animal gelatine in them but no dairy or egg. They all have soya though.
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate drops, beans or dairy free chocolate chips
- 3 tsp egg replacer, 6 tbsp. of water
- Step 1
- Cream the fats and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Step 2
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut.
- Step 3
- Whisk the egg replacer with the water until frothy and add to the flour mixture.
- Step 4
- Using a mixer combine the flour mixture with the creamed sugar and margarine. You’ll get a thick dough.
- Step 5
- Stir in the chocolate drops with a wooden spoon (obviously you can use dairy free chocolate chips) – I’m using chocolate drops as I can get them locally and I really like the dark chocolate flavour.
- Step 6
- Stir in the marshmallows.
- Step 7
- Drop a spoonful of the dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet and leave for a slightly rustic appearance. You can roll the dough into little balls and flatten slightly if you prefer a smoother cookie.
- Step 8
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until light brown.
- Step 9
- The marshmallows will melt on the inside, and get toasty and gooey on the top.