This is a pretty cake for Easter. A great mix of coconut and strawberry decorated with a light strawberry flavoured icing.
Oh…and I find that cakes with Jam in them are best eaten pretty quickly as the cake can get a bit soggy around where the jam is.
Free from: Dairy, Egg, Soya, Gluten, Nuts
Contains: Strawberries and Coconut
Gluten Free, Vegan Coconut Strawberry Loaf Cake
- March 25, 2019
- Print this
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising gluten free flour - I used Dove's Farm
- 1 cup granulated or caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coconut essence
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ tbsp Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 6 tbs melted Coconut Oil or any vegan margarine such as Pure or Flora Dairy Free
- 1 cup Koko milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Step 1
- Spray or grease and flour a loaf tin and preheat your oven.
- Step 2
- Sift gluten free flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, Xanthan Gum into a bowl. Then add vanilla, coconut essence, vinegar, and melted coconut oil. Mix together until combined.
- Step 3
- Pour in the dairy free milk and the coconut yoghurt and mix briefly until all ingredients are entirely moist. Add in the desiccated coconut and mix.
- Step 4
- Fill the loaf pan to about 1/3 full, smooth out the batter and spread with 4 tablespoons of Strawberry Jam. Don’t let the jam go to the edges or it will leak out. Put the rest of the batter on top, starting with the edges to seal in the jam as it were.
- Step 5
- Smooth out the top and bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If after 30 minutes it’s the right colour, then you can always put some tin foil on top to stop it browning further while it bakes for the last few minutes.
- Step 6
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and finish cooling.
- Step 7
- I’ve decorated it with a strawberry flavoured icing sprinkled with pink sugar.Glace Icing.200 g icing sugar.1 tsp vanilla.1 tsp strawberry flavouring.3 tbs Coconut milk.Sift the icing sugar and add in the flavouring. One tablespoon at a time add in the coconut milk and whisk or stir using a fork. Add in a few drops of pink food colouring as you go to get the depth of colour you’re after. It should be a runny icing that’s great for drizzling over cakes.