Normally, pastry based dishes don’t show up under the ‘quick and easy’ heading in our house. But this is about to change. Having used Jus-Rol puff pastry for a nice tapas recipe it dawned on me that it would be fabulous to use for a quick supper. So…for a simple, lovely tea a tart is the way to go. Pair it with some salad and you’ve a quick supper or a nice lunch dish. Use Scala’s Free From Pesto and Violife cheese to ensure the entire dish is dairy free.
Free From: Dairy, Eggs,
Contains: Gluten, Nuts, Soya
Dairy Free Pesto and Parmesan Tart
- March 22, 2019
- Print this
- Pack Jus-Rol puff pastry
- Sacla Free From Basil Pesto – I used about half a jar
- ½ cup Violife Parmesan - grated
- 1 cup Cherry or Pomodoro tomatoes sliced in half
- 10 green olives
- 8 black olives
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 ½ red onions – thinly sliced
- Step 1
- Unroll the pastry and place on the baking sheet – with the parchment paper that comes with the pastry. There is no need to use your own.
- Step 2
- Scatter the thinly sliced onions on top.
- Step 3
- Mix the Pomodoro or cherry tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of Free-From Pesto and scatter on top along with the olives and sun dried tomatoes. Now add a few dollops of pesto over the entire tart. Make sure you aren’t leaving the edges bare.
- Step 4
- Crimp the sides of the pastry to create a little wall of pastry (I’m sure there’s a proper word for that!).
- Step 5
- Grate the Violife Parmesan and scatter on top of the other ingredients. You may use less or more ‘cheese’ according to taste.
- Step 6
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in a hot oven. Serve immediately with a nice salad and some raw carrots.
- Step 7
- Variation-I grilled some peppers and courgettes until nicely charred and then peeled the peppers to get rid of the skins. Chopped up they make a nice tart with some chorizo, onions and Violife cheese.